Dog Bite Lawyers in Mobile, Alabama
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 4.5 million people suffer from a dog bite each year, with the majority of these dog attack victims being young children between the ages of five and nine years old. Understandably, many parents worry about rabies, infection and the potential medical expenses and psychological harm caused by a dog attack. If you or your child has suffered a dog attack in Mobile, Daphne, or Foley, Alabama, a dog bite lawyer at the Citrin law firm can discuss liability with you and explain your options in pursuing legal recourse for the attack.
For a Free Case Review from our injury attorneys, simply fill out the form to the right.
Important Steps to Take After Suffering a Dog Bite
Being bitten by a dog can often be a very traumatic experience for those involved. If you have been attacked by a dog in Mobile, Alabama, there are some important that you should take following the attack.
Some of these include (but are not limited to):
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Find out if the dog that bit you has received rabies vaccinations. If it is possible to do so safely, take a picture of the dog that attacked you. Additionally, try to determine if the dog has a history of aggressive behavior and if they have attacked others in the past.
- File a report with a local animal control center or police department. It is important that you record the time you called and the name of the person you spoke to about the attack.
- Take photographs of your injury as well as the place where the attack took place.
- Write down the names and contact information of any witnesses who saw the attack.
- Contact an experienced dog bite lawyer to help you with your claim.
In many dog bite cases, witnesses and victims can forget important details of the incident not long after it has occurred. By taking down the information of the attack as quickly as possible, you will be able to supply an attorney with relevant, accurate information that can be used against the owner of the dog, should you decide to pursue injury compensation.
Renown Aggressive Breeds Of Dogs
While it is important to be wary of any dog that you are not familiar with, there are certain breeds that are known for exhibiting aggressive and overly protective behavior.
The top five of these types of dogs include:
Pitbull – fearless in nature, and very solid by design, Pitbulls often weigh 55-65 lbs and have an established reputation for mauling people and other dogs.
Rottweiler – weighing between 100-130 lbs, Rottweilers are known for their highly territorial nature, and are large enough to be a considerable threat to humans.
German Shepherd – known for their intelligence and agility, German Shepherd dogs are a favorite of many law enforcement offices, and are fearless and confident in their actions.
Huskies – originally considered not a good guard dog, Huskies have since been prized by their owners for size (between 44-60 lbs), intelligence and high levels of energy.
Doberman Pinscher – loyal, alert and intelligent, Doberman Pinschers are known around the world for their ability to defend property and ward off intruders.
An important tip is to never provoke a dog or stray onto property that you are not familiar with. Failure to do so may result in a serious dog attack.
How Our Mobile Dog Bite Lawyer Can Help
At the Citrin law firm, our team of personal injury attorneys has experience handling dog bite lawsuits and can help you with your claim by:
- Conducting an investigation and interviewing witnesses to the dog attack.
- Assessing your claim based on Alabama dog bite liability laws.
- Consulting with medical experts to get a fair assessment of your current and future medical expenses.
- Handling negotiations with the insurance company to ensure that you receive compensation for your losses.
After carefully reviewing the details of your case, we can help you determine the best course to take in order to obtain the maximum compensation amount that you may be entitled to.
Dog Attack Victim? Contact Us Today
Dog attack liability laws vary state by state, so it is important to have the help of a dog bite lawyer who understands the animal bite laws in your area. If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog anywhere in the Foley, Daphne, or Mobile, AL areas, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for your losses, such as medical expenses, lost wages, physical pain and emotional trauma.
With decades of experience handling personal injury lawsuits, the lawyers at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys have the knowledge, resources and determination to fight for your maximum compensation.
For more information, contact us today at 251-888-8888 – we have staff ready to take your call, and will connect you with one of our attorneys shortly after collecting some initial information about your case.
Alternatively, simply complete the Free Case Review form at the top of this page.